Monday, December 1, 2008

"It got me wondering..."

So, I just felt like adding that my friend Mary is hilarious and great. We enjoy grabbing lunch/coffee/drinks after class and usually end up talking for hours about topics from the church or our dreams to interesting Dutchisms and dating. She has this thing though, when it begins to feel like we're trying to take on the world with our policy ideas or theories about Dutch men, that she pretends to smoke a cigarette and type at her laptop, and mimics Carrie Bradshaw of Sex and the City fame. Typically this is to make fun of our ideas and how important we think they are. I'm not advocating the show, but when she does this it is just absolutely endearing and hilarious. And now, I have a hard time typing in my blog on my mac and not thinking about Mary pretending to write a column on why there are so many great single girls and avoiding laughing to myself. 

No comments: