Saturday, October 18, 2008

Somehow everyone in the city of Amsterdam is sick. Well, that may be an overstatement...but a LOT of people. And now I am too. I knew it would come, as my whole life I've managed to get everything going around and I have never been able to consistently take a multi-vitamin. Nothing involving moving or interacting sounds fun, so I've spent the past two hours reading opinion columns from New York Times and browsing through craft blogs (how great is this site?! www.papernstitch.com). Now I feel a balloon of inspiration inside of me, but not the energy to actually produce anything from it. Boo. 

I'm hoping I feel better by 6 tonight, because it's the Amsterdam International Film Festival and there's a documentary on jump rope competitions that I'd like to see. Gael Garcia Bernal has also directed a film that will be showing at 10 tonight that I was thrilled to see only hours ago, but now feel that 10 is way past my (I'm sick and need to rest) bedtime. 

In other news, we had an amazing dessert party Wednesday. Sara and I made tiramisu and Julia and Rachel mastered vegan brownies amongst other things. This Friday we'll practice our party planning once again as Brooke and I host a party in honor of Julia's birthday! We're inviting nearly everyone we know that lives in Amsterdam (and the surrounding areas). It should be fun!



1 comment:

bc said...

oh! an old small group picture!
what a fun retreat that was! i love it!!.,, it makes me wonder where some of those people are now...